Did YOU Know?
- One of every three home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
- December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes one in every four of Christmas tree fires.
- One-third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
Here are a few Tips to keep your family safe this Holiday Season!
- Always place your tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights, and keep the tree base filled with water to avoid a dry out.
- Bedtime means lights off! Don’t forget to turn your Christmas tree lights off each night.
- Make sure all your indoor and outdoor Christmas lights have been tested in a lab by the UL or ETL/ITSNA for safety, and throw out any damaged lights.